Connect to a growing network of grassroots innovators to beat NCDs
Winners of the WHO NCD Lab have an opportunity to shape global policy and practice on
They are included in a global portfolio of health innovations under the NCD Lab and
partnering WHO Innovation Hub. Where possible, WHO/GCM supports projects with
countries, scale-up funding and support and resources across global, regional, and
Winning projects also receive visibility and networking opportunities with WHO and
global health partners and become members of the growing worldwide alumni of NCD Lab
Discover winning projects from previous
Applicants must be an individual or group of individuals. Projects may receive support
an entity (e.g., research, funding) but may not be submitted on behalf or in the name of
entity. Applicants are required to provide relevant information within the submission
and undergo appropriate WHO screening and due diligence procedures.
For more information, please refer to the NCD Lab Terms of Reference.
- The submission is aligned with Sustainable Development Goal 3.4 - By 2030, reduce by
third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and
treatment and promote mental health and well-being
- The submission is aligned with the 5X5 NCD framework for diseases and risk factors
(cardiovascular disease, chronic
respiratory disease, cancer, diabetes, mental health conditions including
and substance abuse disorders, unhealthy diet, tobacco use, harmful use of alcohol,
physical inactivity, and air pollution)
- The submission is beyond the ideation phase, with preference to submissions which
fully developed, or at an advanced stage of development, and are or soon to be
- The submission includes a needs assessment that supports the submission
- The submission incorporates meaningful engagement of the population which the
aims to support during the ideation or development phase.
- Funded by any of the following industries: pharmacological, food and beverage,
gaming, alcohol, or gambling, and sports betting.
- During the past four years, the applicant was linked to the tobacco and/or arms
industry, or any subsidiary of a tobacco/arms company or a commercial entity
with the manufacture, sale, or distribution of tobacco/arms or tobacco related
- The submission is or will be carried outside the 194 UN Member States
NCD Lab Submission Cycle Timelines
The NCD Lab accepts submissions for each thematic area during yearly submission cycles.
NCD Lab: Submission documents
Questions & Support
Please contact us with any further questions you may have.